indie Hyde: Make up Tutorial

By 14:37 , , , , , , , , ,

You could say L'Arc~en~Ciel is still something recent for me. I did hear about them for the first time barely in 2004! Thanks to a magazine that came with an interactive CD with different songs from bands mentioned in that issue.

However, Blurry Eyes was such a nostalgic song thanks to that mysterious vocalist that I avoided it at all cost!! Then I had different friends who showed me more of that person, but I still refused just because by simply hearing that voice a knot formed in my throat lol! 

But around 2009-2010 I became friends with the ultimate L'Arc fan, and there was no turning back. Knot in throat or not, I let them enter in my life and now their songs are a must in my daily playlist. It evolved to the point I went to see their LIVE in NYC in 2012. Mindblowing.

So here I am now! mixing L'Arc with my current experiments and passion for make up, and recreating two looks from those times so nostalgic for the fans. 

I think this is my first make up tutorial ever. I hope it's useful for someone out there!


This is the picture I used as reference. So if you're planning to cosplay him, or he's just an inspiration for you even looks-wise... keep reading!


1. Moisturize! Hyde back then showed a perfectly clear, healthy, youthful canvas. Prime your eyes with a moisturizer specialized for that area. 
2. I used BB Cream instead of foundation. Stipple it away to fill pores, and then to give a smooth finish, gently pat with a sponge.
3. Same process goes for concealer. Applying with a brush and then using the sponge helps me get rid of any visible strokes.
4. Use powder in areas that tend to glow the most. 

1. With a medium brown eyeliner that is creamy enough, line thickly just above your crease. 
2. Use your ring finger to gently smudge.
3. Soften with a concealer brush.
4. With a dark brown Matte Shadow, line your eyes AS THIN as possible, and very gently extend the line at the outer corner.

The trademark for the look!!! 
1. To measure the spot where you should extend your brows, use a thin brush and place it from the side of the tip of your nose, to the inner end of your brow. That will mark the right spot.
2. With a lighter brow pencil, extend your brow inwards. This will be the guide for you to fill. 
3. With matte eyeshadow start lining UNDER the brow
4. Create a line with the desired shape: Hyde's eyebrows were characterized for being long, thick and inwards bent. So draw your line slightly longer than usual and use that as a guide to fill the rest of the brow.
5. With the same shadow gently contour the spots marked in the picture. Then blend well. This will give a natural impression of a frown, and a stronger look.
6. Comb your brows upwards to make them a bit wild! This will also soften any harshness from the shadow.


NOW
STOP!!

If you throw on a white tshirt, a leather jacket, some necklaces, and pull your hair up in a messy tail; you'll get...






Now go dance and sing for a while. When you're satisfied, come back and let's evolve to the next Hyde! All you're missing is...

1. Conceal your lips. 
2. Use a lip liner to reshape them and fill them. Here I gave mine just a slightly smaller and more rounded shape.
3. With a very tinted lip balm, fill your lips! This will give a shiny finish without it being glossy and sticky.

Let your hair wild and loose, take off that jacket and...


And if you somehow get fancy and pull your hair into a bun. This make up tutorial transforms into something like a Lily Collins or Audrey Hepburn-ish make up tut wtf...


I hope you enjoyed it! It had been a while since I don't use any graphics program. And since the pictures were taken with my phone, in my room's poor light, some of them aren't as nice. Yeah I was stubborn and used the front camera for some of them... guilty úu

But I did have lots of fun doing this!

PRODUCTS USED
1. Bioderma - Sensibio Eye contour gel 
2. Off-branded BB Cream
3. Almay - Clear Complexion concealer + Treatment gel
4. Palladio - Rice Powder
5. Valmy (venezuelan brand) - Eyebrow pencil in medium 
7. Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter in Cherry Tart 
8. Lip liner by Personi (venezuelan brand. Not shown)



Take care everyone!!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Yaaaaay! A tutorial!!

    Well, don't you make an almost perfect, awesome and very cool Indie Hyde? Even prettier.

    This was a very easy, well explained and with very nice results tutorial! Anyone can do it i'm sure, with such guidance. (even me, who sucks at doing eyebrows at all)

    3 looks in one, amazing huh? All look very fun to do for cosplaying, or just everyday or every once in a while fashion!

    Loved the 3 looks, but specially the blurry eyes one! you should rock such looks more often, just for fun.

    Tsk... those bad friends of you, getting you into L'Arc. tsk...

    Wonderful tuto!! Hope you make more!

    <3

    ResponderEliminar
  2. @Nao:

    What am I lacking to be perfect??? ;;

    no jk... THANKS a lot!
    haha suggest me looks to do and I'll do my best!

    Thanks again for reading and giving soul to the comments section! n_n

    ResponderEliminar
  3. To answer your question, you're not that short ^_~ ... xD

    Ohh suggestions... let's see~ How about some Yasu looks? =0 ! or Yuki Looks, orrrrrr.... Asagi looks??? Or tsunehito looks! =0 and more hyde looks because why not?

    ;P

    <3

    ResponderEliminar